Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Spandau Ballet released "True" in 1983. They're quite suave looking in their suits aren't they?
Eric B. & Rakim released "Paid In Full" in 1987. Pure awesomeness...
Put them together and you get....
In 1991 "True" and "Paid In Full" were sampled heavily by the hip-hop group PM Dawn in their hit "Set Adrift On Memory Bliss". Quite nicely I think! It's one of those songs that can instantly transport me to a distinct time in my life.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I love common threads in music. I have a fascination for cover songs (hmm, perhaps I'll translate this to the blog and share my cover song sickness with you, ha!). While these two songs are not the same I love the homage to Bob Dylan by INXS in both the song and video. Both are absolutely gorgeous.
Bob Dylan "Subterranean Homesick Blues", 1965. "You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows".
INXS "Mediate", 1987. "Designate your love as fate".
Friday, October 17, 2008
Halloween is fast approaching! This week's feature is this absolutely adorable vintage 60's pink fairy costume dress. It's beautifully made with a strapless sweetheart bodice and fluffy skirt covered in layers of satin, taffeta and tulle petals with little pink ribbon streamers. SOLD
Be the cutest little pink fairy ever by adding:
* Heart shaped rhinestone tiara from Claires.com. $10.50
* Dazzling magic wand also from Claires.com. $2.50
* Pretty pink fairy wings from Buycostumes.com. $16.99
* Glitzy pink glitter platform heels from Sassy and Sweet Style. $39
* Sweet little pink rhinestone heart necklace from CoCoJewelry. $8.99
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Saturday, October 11, 2008
This weeks feature is this amazing vintage 70's sweater with the cutest little seagulls across the front. It's a thin knit with a snug fit. SOLD
Stay cozy and pair it up with:
* Cute retro knit cabbie hat from Payless.com. $9.99
* Knit scarf with fringe also from Payless.com. $9.99
* Vintage Gitano skinny jeans, waist size 29.5, from Laney's Vintage Rose. Starting bid $7.99
* Vintage tall black leather boots, size 7.5, from eBay seller epic*auctions. Starting bid $6.00 (free shipping!)