This weeks feature is the cutest vintage 80's party dress ever! Perfect for a night out or the prom. It's beautifully made in fuchsia pink taffeta with black polka dots, a strapless fitted bodice and poufy tiered skirt with a very 80's rhinestone trimmed bow at the waist.
We've paired it up with:
* A pair of yummy black patent heels from target.com.
* A matching black patent bow clutch from target.com.
* Retro black and silver bangle bracelets from charlotterusse.com.
* Beaded dangle earrings also from charlotterusse.com.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Vintage or Bust! has tagged me for another round of eVintage blog tag!
1) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?
That's a tough one! I have a hard time narrowing it down. I've always loved purple, but right now I'm really into teals.
2) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRIGHTLY COLOURED PIECE IN YOUR INVENTORY?
Right now it's a toss up between this darling purple mod mini dress and this 80's fuchsia and black polka dot prom dress.
3) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO ADD COLOUR TO AN OUTFIT?
I love colorful jewelry, especially bright bangle bracelets.
4) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOUR TO WEAR?
My mom always said I looked like a "beatnik", but I can't help it, I love black!
5) WHAT COLOUR ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?
Black, of course! With pink sparkly sandals.
6) WHAT COLOURS DO YOU DECORATE WITH?
We just recently moved into a home that needs a lot of work so we haven't gotten to do much decorating yet. Right now the bedroom is the only room I gotten painted. It's a gorgeous deep teal, with dark gray and very pale gray accents. Love it!
You can head over to Sydney's Fashion Runway to follow our game of tag.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
It's eVintage blog tag time again! This week I've been tagged by Pin-Up Glam to Groovy Kitsch to answer some questions about shoes.
1) SHOW US YOUR FAVORITE PAIR OF SHOES IN YOUR INVENTORY?
I don't sell a lot of shoes, but right now I'm really in love with these vintage 80's colorful cut-out shoes available in our store.
2.) What is you favorite style of vintage shoe to sell?
Like I said, I don't sell a whole lot of shoes as I just don't find them in great condition all that often. However I'm always on the lookout for anything CUTE. I love shoes in general so I just look for anything that catches my eye.
3) FAVORITE VINTAGE SHOE TO WEAR?
I have a bit of a fetish for Mary Janes, however it's very hard to find vintage that will fit my WIDE feet! :(
4) FAVORITE PAIR YOU OWN?
Sadly I don't own any vintage shoes at the moment. I once had a killer pair of vintage motorcycle ankle boots, but I completely wore them out I loved them so much. I'd looooove to find a pair like these from seller peak_vintage in a size 8.5!!
5) HOLY GRAIL OF SHOES?
If I could shrink my 8.5s to a 5 these AMAZING vintage 40s pumps from Ballyhoo Vintage would soooooo be mine!
Follow our game of tag on over to Confessions of a Fashion Diva for more vintage shoe goodness!
Saturday, March 22, 2008
This week we're featuring an insanely CUTE vintage 60's mod mini dress. I adore the key hole detail and all those buttons!
Pictured here with:
* Lacey crochet tights from evans.co.uk.
* Super cute Mary Jane heels in purple from metronomeshoes.
* 5 gorgeous vintage glass bangle bracelets in purples and black from eBay seller jusmeblondie2000.
* Sweet quilted whale wallet from modcloth.com.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
It's time for another round of eVintage blog tag and this week I've been tagged by Liz at figure8studio.
1) WHAT ITEM DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE FOR SALE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN WORN IN A MOVIE?
This vintage 60's party dress definitely has movie star good looks!
2) WHICH MOVIE STAR DO YOU SEE WEARING THE ITEM & IN WHAT MOVIE?
I see Brittany Snow rocking this dress as Amber Von Tussle in 2007's remake of Hairspray.
3) WHAT MOVIE STAR QUALITIES DOES YOUR ITEM HAVE TO MAKE IT PERFECT FOR YOUR STARLET?
This dress has that perfect early 60's beautiful rich girl look with it's lace over taffeta and satin rosette. It would fit right in with the movies wardrobe!
Now go visit Holly over at Confessions of a Fashion Diva to follow along with our game of tag!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
This week's feature is a super sweet Vintage 70's ascot dress. It features a gorgeous border print on semi-sheer poly crepe. So sweet!
We paired it up with:
* Opaque navy blue tights from topshop.com
* Insanely cute vintage booties from MakiMaki Vintage.
* A gorgeous vintage tooled leather tote from eBay seller superstar$$$$$$.
* Sweet feather earrings and tons of thin gold bangles from urbanoutfitters.com.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Time for another round of the eVintage blog tag! The ultra fabulous Carol of Dandelion Vintage tagged me again this week from The Vintage Clothing Bulletin Blog to answer a few questions about Sring.
1) WHATS YOUR FAVORITE PIECE OF SPRING VINTAGE WEAR IN YOUR INVENTORY?
This vintage 50's Mexican embroidered skirt definitely evokes Spring time for me.
2) WHY IS IT YOUR FAVORITE?
I adore those big, bold, colorful embroidered flowers!
3) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPRING FLOWER?
Purple irises. Purple and yellow irises came up every year at my mom's house. They're such beauties!
4) FAVORITE MEMORY OF SPRING?
Definitely Easter morning. It was always such a treat waking up to a big ol' easter basket full of special Easter only candies.
5) WHEN DOES SPRING ARRIVE WHERE YOU LIVE?
I'm in central Texas so it's pretty much arrived. We've had a few slight setbacks, but the garden is started and the flowers are blooming!
6) MOST EXCITING SPRING FASHION TREND?
I'm a sucker for things that sparkle so I'm glad to see that metallics and sequins are still going strong.
You can head on over to confessions of a Fashion Diva to follow our game of tag.
Friday, March 7, 2008
This week we're featuring a really fun vintage 80's prom dress. I love the fun open back detail, sequin applique and tiered poufy skirt! Perfect for prom or just a fun night out on the town.
We've added more sparkle with:
*A yummy pair of black sequin ankle strap peeptoe heels from LOOK LIKE A STAR STAR1POWERSELLER.
*Punky black pyramid stud bracelets from girlprops.com.
*Beautiful rhinestone drop earrings from rimistyle.com.
*A shimmery black and silver sequin clutch from Nine West (available in store only).
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Saturday, March 1, 2008
eVintage blog tag time! I was tagged by Carol at Life of a Jersey Girl to answer some question about this years Oscar fashions.
1. FAVORITE GOWNS OF THE NIGHT & WHY?
I think Vanessa Paradis looked amazing in her Chanel Haute Couture black silk crepe gown. I love the plunging neckline and gorgeous draping at the hips. Definitely my fave! My runners up are Helen Mirren in her Georges Chakra garnet duchess satin gown, love that deep red, and Miley Ray Cyrus in her red Valentino chiffon gown. Kudos to Miley for pulling off such a classy look at such a young age!
2. WHAT ERA DO YOU THINK IT REPRESENTED BEST?
Vanessa's dress has a very vampy noir feel to it. Helen's was very 50's glamour and Miley's has that classic Regency empire look.
3. LEAST FAVORITE GOWNS OF THE NIGHT & WHY?
I applaud Julie Christie for designing her own dress, but I'm not crazy about the length and what the hell is up with those gloves? Rebecca Miller's dress was just ummm...wow. Nix the red bows and the humongo jewel thingy and you're in business. Jennifer Hudson is gorgeous, but who ever recommended that dress needs a serious kick in the booty. The dress actually isn't that bad, but it's all wrong for her body type.
4. WHAT ERA DO YOU THINK IT REPRESENTED BEST (or worst, as it were)?
Julies has a very 60's look. Rebecca's ummmmm...Victorian meets hot glue gun? Jennifer's definitely has the Greek goddess look going.
5. TILDA SWINTON, FASHION SCORE OR SCARE?
She's gorgeous, but it did nothing for her. I say give it a different neckline and a more body hugging fit and she's good to go!
6. WHAT DID YOU EAT WHILE WATCHING THE SHOW?
I hate award shows! Instead I was hanging out with friends eating bbq and birthday cake.
You can follow the blog tag on over to Confessions of a Fashion Diva.