I adore the oversized collar and double breasted buttons on this sweet vintage 50's/60's day dress. SOLD
Pair it up with vintage accessories in browns and greens like these:
* Gorgeous vintage sling back peep toe heels (fit like a 71/2) from Goodwhale. Current bid $8
* Vintage green & brown bakelite bracelet from eBay seller tuffgal. Current bid $14
* Vintage brown murano bead necklace from Rhinestones and Jewels. Current bid $4.99
* Super cute vintage wooden chest box purse from RMSjewels. $22.99
* Vintage tortoise shell barrettes from Red's Vintage Stuff. Current bid .99
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Its Blog Tag Wednesday at the eVintage Society!. Ang at Vintage or Bust! has tagged me to talk about - Handbags! The vintage purse, vintage accessories. The right bag can pull an outfit together or add the perfect subtle touch of vintage to a modern ensemble. A bright and unusual vintage scarf added to the hair garners admiring glances and stares everywhere you go! Let’s accessorize!
1) Show us your favorite vintage handbag or accessory in your inventory!
My current fave accessory is this adorable vintage 70's necklace featuring a sweet little seahorse.
2) Louis Vuitton, Chanel or outrageously styled no-name handbag? Do you sweat the designer angle or go for looks alone?
Mmmm I do love Chanel, but I'm really not keen on spending my life's savings on an accessory. Seriously, the world is chock full of gorgeous purses needing a new home and they're CHEAP! I'd rather find that Chanel used, but still lovely and for a fraction of the price of the new.
3) Handbag? Purse? What do YOU call a bag, and how do you search for one on eBay?
I call them many things depending on what I'm looking for...purse, handbag, clutch, kelly bag, bag, carpet bag, doctors bag, satchel.
4) How many handbags do you have? More vintage or modern?
Waaay too many!! Everything from vintage to new and in between...it's a sickness!
5) We talked about handbags and scarves, what other vintage accessories can add a touch of the unique to a modern ensemble?
Definitely necklaces. I'm currently totally smitten with vintage 70's necklaces with animal pendants such as owls, dogs, lions, etc. with jointed bodies or dangle eyes.
6) What’s in your handbag right now?
By the weight of it I'd say EVERYTHING!
Stop by and see Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva to see what's in her handbag!
Saturday, June 21, 2008
The 4th of July is almost here, and this vintage 60's patriotic mod dress ($65) will definitely stand out from the crowd!
Magnify it's cuteness with:
* CUTE white Mary Jane wedge heels from Cool Shoes MD. Current bid $18.99 or buy now for $24.99
* Darling vintage white beaded purse from eBay seller crazeddad. Current bid $9.99
* Vintage red, white, and blue beaded bracelet from Loves to Sell Jools. $4.95
* Vintage 80's red sunglasses from LOOKINGLASS Inc. $24.95
Friday, June 20, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Its Blog Tag Wednesday at the eVintage Society and I've been tagged by Ang at Vintage or Bust!. Animals…..we love ‘em, we love to wear ‘em! Prints, that is (fur is another and much more sensitive topic for another blog). Show us your animal prints!
1) Show us your favorite piece of animal print apparel in your inventory!
I love, love, love this vintage 60's peacock feather print dress!
2) What is your favorite animal print to wear & why?
I'm a sucker for leopard print, always have been. I just find it to be extremely fabulous!
3) Favorite to sell?
Any really. As long as it's cute/sexy/fabulous I'm more than happy to offer it to my customers.
4) Favorite pet and best pet story?
I love all animals. Right now we have three dogs that were all rescues. Penelope was a stray, Peewee came from a dachshund rescue group and Buckwheat came from the Austin shelter. I can't think of a specific story at the moment, but there's three happy endings for ya! We also plan on adopting a cat soon and purchasing a flock of laying hens.
5) Scared of animals? Which one scares you the most & why?
I'm not terribly scared of any domesticated animals. After reading a few stories of rabid bob cats (we have them here...though hopefully not rabid!) I'm not too keen on the thought of them.
6) Favorite animal to visit at the zoo or to collect images of?
Austin has a FABULOUS little zoo full of rescued animals http://www.austinzoo.org/. They have some really sweet little exotic birds that are so fun to talk to and yes they do talk back!
I tag Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
This weeks feature is an ultra glam vintage 80's metallic blouse with sheer balloon sleeves and a wide waist band with side buttons. Perfect for a night out when you really want to shine! $40
We like it paired with:
* Vintage gold beaded heels from eBay seller 3cobaltblue. Current bid $14.99 or buy now for $24.99
* Skinny black jeans from Wetseal.com. $25.50
* Lux vintage metallic gold fold over clutch from Street Chic Vintage. $39.99
* Swanky retro black fedora hat from Wetseal.com. $9.50
* Gold tone twist hoop earrings from Target.com. $12.99
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Time for my weekly blog tag from Ang at the eVintage blog, Vintage or Bust!.
"Fans of the 70s, rejoice!! Last week CBS premiered a new series called SWING TOWN. Set in 1976, the show features 3 couples and their families…..a childless couple with loads of money, toys and an open marriage….a young couple with a teenage boy trying to define their relationship….and a more conservative couple facing a changing world. It also features some fab 70s clothes and music! Lets talk 70s!"
1) Show us your favorite 70s piece in your inventory, mens, womens, dress, lingerie…..whatever you LOVE!
Right now my favorite is this gorgeous vintage 70's maxi dress with a sweet cherry blossom print.
2) Define disco wear as YOU see it.
Fluttery, glittery, low cut, flowing jersey dresses!
3) What was your favorite look of the 70s? The maxi dress? Bell bottoms? Culottes? Do tell.
I really love the fluttery, split sleeve disco dresses. I also love maxi's, but unfortunately I'm way too short and top heavy for them!
4) Your neighbors invite you to a wild party where there may be disco music. Do you go?
Ummm...YES!! Most definitely if roller skates are involved!
5) Grant Show. Sexy then? Sexy now? No idea?
Mehhhh, not my type at all.
6) Romantic Gunne Sax Prairie/Renn Queen or Disco Diva? Whats your style?
I'm way more disco diva than boho flower child, but I'm all about dressing to suit my mood so Gunne Sax is not out of the question.
Time to hop over to see Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva to continue this game of tag!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Penelopepup's will be taking a mini vacation until Sunday 6-8. Updates to the site will be slow during this time, but emails will be answered and packages will go out on schedule. We'll be back in full force on Monday. Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Ang at the eVintage blog, Vintage or Bust has tagged me for a round of "Sex and the City" blog tag.
"You can’t turn on the TV, walk past a magazine rack at the market or eavesdrop on ladies chatting at lunch (what, like you don’t do that?) without being assaulted with images and stories about the big screen debut of “Sex and the City”. To catch up on the hoopla, click HERE.
Which, as we all know, is less about a riveting plot line than it is about FASHION! So lets dish."
1)We know Carrie favors vintage, but let’s dress them all! Like cyber paperdolls. To kick it off, show us a piece you think the quirky, eclectic and whimsical Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) would look great in from your inventory.
I'd have to go with this really sweet vintage 80's strapless sun dress for Carrie. Love the pink!
2)Samantha (Kim Cattrall) works the vampy edge of fashion…what do you have in your inventory that can bring out the temptress in a woman?
I can see Samantha vamping it up in this killer electric blue 80's strapless cocktail dress.
3)Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) tends to play it safe, tending toward clean lines and classic silhouettes with the occasional sexy edge. What do you have in your inventory for her?
Miranda would look killer in this vintage 60's beaded wiggle dress. Simple yet stunning!
4)Charlotte (Kristin Davis) is often seen in more feminine, flirty and girlie pieces. What vintage dress or ensemble do you have that would work for her character?
I can see Charlotte looking sweet in this darling vintage 50's little black dress with quirky rosette detail.
5) Sex and the City Shoes. Stilettos? Of course! If you’ve got some vintage shoes to rival Carrie’s Jimmy Choos, show ‘em off here!
These aren't mine (oh how I WISH!), and they aren't stilettos, but I'm totally in love with these vintage 70's two tone Mary Jane heels, size 7b, from Rice and Beans Vintage!
6)Love the show? Hate the show? Never seen it? Do tell. No spoilers if you’ve seen the movie!
I don't generally watch much TV (I'm all about LOST...and that's about it with the exception of PBS educational shows...no cable here!), but SATC is good for a giggle if I'm really bored, and lately I just don't have time to be bored!
Now let's hop on over to see Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
This week's feature is a striking vintage 80's fitted jacket. I love the cut-outs at the back! Be daring and wear it as a top for the full effect.
For a sophisticated, but sexy look pair it up with more black and a touch of red-
* Black pencil skirt from Wetseal.com.
* Back seam stockings in black from Essentialapparel.com.
* Vintage 80's cherry red clutch from Divine Debris Vintage.
* Vintage red five strand graduated bead necklace from Jewels n Treasures.
* Ruffled black satin stilettos from Rebelgirlz.com.