Happy new year from Penelopepup's Vintage and ABBA!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
This weeks feature is the ultimate Fredericks of Hollywood vintage 80's body con dress. Made of a "wet look" fabric with sexy side cut-outs. $70
For a night out add:
* Black lace tights from Farfetch.com. $19
* Vintage 80's tall black boots, size 6, from RageVogue Vintage. Starting bid $24.99 or buy now for $95
* Vintage 70's shiny black patent clutch purse from Living Doll Vintage. $9.95
* Silver studded black bangle bracelet from GrandmaBeasley's Attic. $14.99
* Silver snake chain dangle earrings from Shineeshop. Starting bid $5.99
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
This weeks feature is dreamy, pink, and princess perfect. A vintage 50's party dress in fluffy pink tulle and lace with a fabulous pleated bust. SOLD
Add some sparkle with:
* Vintage silver heels, size 7 A, from Vintage 50s ELVIS Really ROCKS. $18
* A vintage silver sequin and beaded purse from Retro Recycled Vintage. Starting bid $14.99
* Sweet vintage rhinestone necklace with heart from debrajo1954. Starting bid $2.99
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
This week's feature, a vintage 80's party dress in red chiffon with ruffles galore, is Holiday party perfect! $65
Add more glam with:
* 80's new wave red heels, size 8.5 b, from RewindMinneapolis. Starting bid $34.99
* Vintage black beaded clutch purse from Sugar-Magnolias. $10.00
* Vintage black rhinestone clamp bracelet from oxfordjewel. Starting bid $9.99
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
This week week's feature is a darling little 90's baby doll mini dress. It has the sweetest little roses floral print in rayon. SOLD
Give it an edge with leather and buckle elements:
* Amazing vintage 80's buckle and lace up black leather boots, size 6.5, from RageVogue. Starting bid just 99¢
* Plum opaque pantyhose from Americanapparel.net. $14
* Leather coil buckle bracelet from Leatherpunk.com $32.90
* Vintage black leather purse with silver chain from Cherry Valley Auctions. $9.99
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
This weeks feature is a stunning example of an authentic vintage 70's Oaxacan dress. We love it's subtle white on white embroidery. SOLD
Add a touch of color with:
* A gorgeous vintage leather and peacock feather belt from eBay seller lauren1405. Starting bid $5
* Retro peacock feather and beads dangle earrings from LadyB Boutique. Starting bid $6
* Set of vintage cloisonne bangle bracelets in shades of blue from eBay seller bluemooninparadise. Starting bid $9.99
* Vintage deep brown leather riding boots, size 8, from the-factory-vintage. Current bid $41.03
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
This weeks feature is a sweet little vintage 70's quilted purse. It features a dainty daisy print and white plastic round handles. $24
Looks cute with:
* Vintage 80's romantic white dress, size x-small-small, from Penelopepup's Vintage. $40
* Keep warm by layering with a turtleneck top in navy from Forever21.com. $9.80
* Opaque navy blue tights from Luxurydivas.com. $8.99
* Tall vintage stacked heel boots, size 8, from Street Chic Vintage. $59.99
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
This weeks feature is a vintage 70's sheer scarf print dress. It features a rich paisley print in warm shades of rust, tan and gray on black. SOLD
Pair it up with:
* Rust opaque tights from Alloy.com. $10.50 or 2 for $7.50 each or 3 or more for $5.50 each
* Gorgeous vintage 70's rust leather purse with wood trim from LePetitGarage. Current bid $9.99
* Perfect vintage 80's little oxford ankle boots, size 8, from wispersteppes vintage. Current bid $11.58
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
This weeks feature is a sweet vintage 70's Gunne Sax dress. It has a romantic story book feel with a small floral print and ribbon trim. $80
Keep it sweet with:
* Vintage granny boots, size 7.5, from eBay seller beadnative. Current bid $14.99
* Vintage 70's macrame and wood purse from Revival Vintage Boutique. $20
* Super cute horse cameo necklace from Max and Kylie's Place. $8.50
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Spandau Ballet released "True" in 1983. They're quite suave looking in their suits aren't they?
Eric B. & Rakim released "Paid In Full" in 1987. Pure awesomeness...
Put them together and you get....
In 1991 "True" and "Paid In Full" were sampled heavily by the hip-hop group PM Dawn in their hit "Set Adrift On Memory Bliss". Quite nicely I think! It's one of those songs that can instantly transport me to a distinct time in my life.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I love common threads in music. I have a fascination for cover songs (hmm, perhaps I'll translate this to the blog and share my cover song sickness with you, ha!). While these two songs are not the same I love the homage to Bob Dylan by INXS in both the song and video. Both are absolutely gorgeous.
Bob Dylan "Subterranean Homesick Blues", 1965. "You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows".
INXS "Mediate", 1987. "Designate your love as fate".
Friday, October 17, 2008
Halloween is fast approaching! This week's feature is this absolutely adorable vintage 60's pink fairy costume dress. It's beautifully made with a strapless sweetheart bodice and fluffy skirt covered in layers of satin, taffeta and tulle petals with little pink ribbon streamers. SOLD
Be the cutest little pink fairy ever by adding:
* Heart shaped rhinestone tiara from Claires.com. $10.50
* Dazzling magic wand also from Claires.com. $2.50
* Pretty pink fairy wings from Buycostumes.com. $16.99
* Glitzy pink glitter platform heels from Sassy and Sweet Style. $39
* Sweet little pink rhinestone heart necklace from CoCoJewelry. $8.99
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Saturday, October 11, 2008
This weeks feature is this amazing vintage 70's sweater with the cutest little seagulls across the front. It's a thin knit with a snug fit. SOLD
Stay cozy and pair it up with:
* Cute retro knit cabbie hat from Payless.com. $9.99
* Knit scarf with fringe also from Payless.com. $9.99
* Vintage Gitano skinny jeans, waist size 29.5, from Laney's Vintage Rose. Starting bid $7.99
* Vintage tall black leather boots, size 7.5, from eBay seller epic*auctions. Starting bid $6.00 (free shipping!)
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
This weeks feature is the most amazing vintage boho woven sash. We love it's vivid colors, fringe and it's so long it can be wrapped as a belt or scarf. $20
Layer it up for a perfect fall boho look with:
* A gorgeous vintage 70's gauzy India dress from eBay seller kstakoe. Starting bid $14.99
* Cozy long vintage boho suede jacket from Nikitty's Nifties. Starting bid $9.99
* The best ever vintage 70's lace up boots, size 6, from Sick Thrift. Current bid $11.50
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Fall is literally right around the corner so we're giving summer one last hurrah with this weeks feature, a glorious 80's strapless, draped, floral cocktail dress by Mondi. SOLD
Light up the night with fabulous vivid color!
* Vintage chunky marbled orange bead necklace available in our store. $15
* Colorful sheer hose from American Apparel. $15
* Hot pink vintage 80's heels, size 8, from boodle_n_kit VINTAGE. $24.99
* Hot pink vintage straw purse from Madame Anastasia's Fancies. $12.50
* Vintage yellow carved plastic bracelet from eBay seller tw401. Starting bid $5.99
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
This weeks feature is an over the top glam 80's party dress. It's smocked lace hugs your curves and is dripping with rhinestones and long swishy fringe. $50
Add some black accessories and your ready for a night on the town:
* Black feathered headband from Asos. £35 (crafty chicas could easily make their own as well!)
* 80's black heels with flame detail at heel, size 6.5, from Aphrodite Eternal. $19
* Vintage black sequin and bead clutch purse from Lets Do It Again Boutique. $12.99
* Glitzy rhinestone lightning bolt earrings from Girl Props. $6.99
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Saturday, September 6, 2008
This adorable 60's dress probably originally came with matching shorts and is perfect for layering! $50
Slip it on over a tank top, snug fitting t-shirt or turtle neck and finish off with:
* White tights from We Love Colors. $12.50
* Cute vintage shoes like this pair of big buckle Mod heels from Wardrobe The Globe. $11.95
* A matching skirt or shorts, mini skirt from Charity Chic Boutique. Starting bid $3
* A vintage purse like this navy woven clutch from eBay seller mcm1333. Starting bid $9.99
* Sweet little vintage bracelet with heart charm from eBay seller chopperphoto. Starting bid $15.99
Friday, September 5, 2008
Saturday, August 30, 2008
This weeks feature, a 70's boho dress, is perfect for fall with with it's warm rich colors and paisley print. SOLD
Pair it up with:
* A cozy knit beret like this one from Urban Outfitters. $24 Or better yet, search etsy.com for a lovely handmade one!
* A vintage tooled leather purse from eBay seller kcfairy. $29.99
* A gorgeous vintage leaf design, hinged, cuff bracelet from eBay seller xmasmom2121. Starting bid $9.50
* Vintage 70's tall boots from Vintage_Wear_Store. Starting bid .99
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
In a world gone crazy don't forget what Bob Marley said..."You can fool some people sometimes
But you can't fool all the people all the time
So now we see the light
We gonna stand up for our right, so you'd better
Get up, stand up, stand up for your right
Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight"
Sunday, August 24, 2008
This week we're featuring a super sweet vintage 80's sun dress by Laura Ashley. It features a tiny paisley print and fitted bodice. SOLD
As we move into Fall pair it up with:
* Yellow knit top from Forever 21. $5.80
* Vintage leather booties, size 7, from TAMMYSRUGRATTS VINTAGE CONNECTION. Starting bid $9.99
* Large vintage leather tote bag from eBay seller lilbama911. Starting bid $6.99
* Vintage Asian theme charm bracelet from eBay seller oililaine. Starting bid $7.99
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
This week we're featuring a very sweet vintage 60's dress. It's done in a light soft cotton with a watercolor style floral print and faux wrap skirt. $45
Pair it up with some light blue and lime green accessories like:
* Vintage blue slingback peeptoe heels, 6 B, from Wanted BaYou. $16.99
* Vintage (old store stock!) lime green dangle earrings from Raefield Jewelry Designs. $5.95
* Fold over bow clutch purse from Wet Seal. $4.99
* Set of lime green bamboo plastic bangle bracelets from Plasticland. $8
Saturday, August 9, 2008
This weeks feature is a darling vintage 80's Laura Ashley strapless dress. I love it's 50's style with strapless bodice and full skirt! $75
Pair it up with:
* Some cute wedge heels from Oldnavy.com. $24.50
* A sweet vintage beaded necklace, bracelet and earrings set from eBay seller bethany1572. Starting bid $49.99
* Super cute vintage woven double sided purse with gold tone detail from eBay seller smartredhead. Starting bid $6.00
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Its Blog Tag Wednesday at the eVintage Society and as usual we've been tagged by Ang at Vintage or Bust! Separates are an easy way to add a little vintage to your every day casual wardrobe. Lets talk skirts!
1) Show us your favorite skirt in your inventory!
I'm currently in love with this darling vintage 70's wrap skirt with the cutest strawberry and daisies print!
2)Favorite skirt length to sell? Mini, knee or maxi, and why?
I love 'em all!! Especially with cute prints!
3)Favorite to wear?
Being 5' 4" I try to stick with mini skirts.
4)Favorite skirt silhouette? Full, circle, pencil, mini, balloon, maxi, etc etc…what look suits you?
I love big full circle skirts and pencil skirts for myself.
5)Thoughts on slips? Some never wear them, some never would be seen without. How crucial is a slip under a skirt?
I personally prefer to wear shorts underneath. I'm a bit clumsy so it saves me from any embarrassing situations, heh.
I'm tagging Holly at Confession of a Fashion Diva!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
This week we're featuring the cutest little vintage 80's new wave romper. I love the quirky shoulder buttons, multi color belt and back detail. $45
Add more color with:
* A set of three vintage red and yellow bangle bracelets from KIMAMAY. $20
* Vintage 80's red and yellow dangle earrings from Bakelite Johnny's. $4.95
* Vintage 80's red heels like these, size 5.5, from TheFactoryShoppe. $34.99
* A bright yellow patent clutch purse from Mod Cloth. $34.99
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Its Blog Tag Wednesday at the eVintage Society and I've been tagged by Ang at Vintage or Bust! Separates are an easy way to add a little vintage to your every day casual wardrobe. Lets talk tops!
1) Show us your favorite blouse or top in your inventory!
I'm a sucker for vintage bowling shirts! This 60's embroidered bowling shirt is just plain CUTE with "Dizzy 4" in chain stitch across the back.
2)Tee shirts or blouses, whats your personal style?
I'm all about t-shirts!
3)Favorite tee shirt EVER?
You can't go wrong with a Ramones t-shirt. I'm also totally obsessed with vintage wolf or cat print t-shirts.
4)Favorite era for a vintage blouse? Think 40s rayons with nipped waists, sheer ruffled 50s nylons for layering, perky 60s cotton prints…..
I love them all! Seriously, I'm not good at picking favorites.
5)What are you tops at? Tell us what you’re better than ANYONE else at!
I'm a pretty badass smoothie maker! :P My raw choco/cherry smoothie is seriously to die for!
I tag Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Lounge by the pool 70's style in this figure flattering vintage Giorgio Sant'Angelo swimsuit! $75
Glam it up with:
* 70's platform sandals, size 7, from La Trenza Vintage. Current bid $9.99
* A wide gold tone cuff bracelet from Girlprops.com. $9.99
* A floppy vintage style sun hat from Charlotterusse.com. $12.99
* A vintage gold and leather choker necklace from eBay seller patricia1246. Current bid $9.99
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Its Blog Tag Wednesday at the eVintage Society and we've been tagged by Ang at Vintage or Bust! Summer is the perfect time to take a holiday to a tropical locale! Meanwhile, wearing Hawaiian and exotic prints in vintage can tide you over til you can afford that plane ticket. Let’s get tropical!
1) Show us your favorite Hawaiian or tropical print in your inventory!
I am totally in love with this vintage 60's Hawaiian mini dress! The ultra vivid colors and ruffle cap sleeves and hem are just too sweet.
2)Favorite era for Hawaiian? 40’s exotic gowns, 50s bombshell sarongs, 60s printed shifts or 70’s Hawaiian halter maxis?
Being a bodacious babe; I prefer the 50's curve hugging bombshell sarongs.
3)Favorite exotic destination if money were no object?
I've always wanted to visit Belize and visiting my good pal, Sophie, in Thailand would also be a must!
4)Favorite exotic destination on a real-world budget?
Perhaps not the cheapest route, but the Florida Keys are an absolute dream.
5)Best vacation ever?
Simple camping on the Texas coast with my sweetheart!
I tag Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva!
Saturday, July 19, 2008
This is the kind of vintage 50's pattern that really makes me wish I could sew better. The button tab detailing at yoke and hips (with pockets!) is just too fabulous! $14
I dream of it in jet black with:
* Vintage rhinestone buttons from eBay seller thethreadshed. Current bid $4.99
* Vintage 50's black heels with side cut-outs from Morning Glorious Collectibles. $19.99
* Gorgeous vintage black clutch purse with heavy floral embroidery from eBay seller juliejamjams. Current bid $25.00 Australian
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Its Blog Tag Wednesday at the eVintage Society!. Ang at Vintage or Bust! says - "Its hot!! What better time of year to shimmer like the ice cubes in a vodka-lemonade? Refresh those who admire you with some summer sparkle!"
1) Show us your favorite vintage sparkling stunner in your inventory! Rhinestones, sequins, beads….show us your shimmer!
This 80's teal evening dress has TONS of sparkle and is perfect for summer evenings out with bare shoulders and a short length.
2) Rhinestones on daywear? Yes or no?
For day wear I try to keep the sparkle to a minimum, however I do LOVE my sparkles so for evening I say go all out!
3) Favorite beaded bag or jewelry in your inventory or personal collection?
I'm in need of a good beaded bag! Right now I'm in love with this gorgeous vintage 60's beaded purse from Viva Vintage Clothing.
4) Colored rhinestones or clear, which do you prefer?
I prefer clear, but I'm certainly not against any color of sparkle!
5) Cubic zirconia, costume rhinestones or REAL diamonds? Be honest!! Which will you wear?
I'm not gonna turn down diamonds, but my budget is more along the line of rhinestones.
I tag Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Elegant, but purely sweet vintage 50's/60's party dress. We love it's princess seam fitted bodice and full skirt accented with bows and pleats. SOLD
Wouldn't it look sweet with:
* Gold floral peep toe heels with a touch of blue from Amiclubwear.com. $19.99
* Gorgeous ornate beaded handbag from Chasingtreasure.com. $39.95
* Cute little Chinese lantern earrings from Shopplasticland.com. $28
* Pretty vintage gold bow necklace from Pretty Vintage Too. Current bid $9.99
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Sunday, June 29, 2008
I adore the oversized collar and double breasted buttons on this sweet vintage 50's/60's day dress. SOLD
Pair it up with vintage accessories in browns and greens like these:
* Gorgeous vintage sling back peep toe heels (fit like a 71/2) from Goodwhale. Current bid $8
* Vintage green & brown bakelite bracelet from eBay seller tuffgal. Current bid $14
* Vintage brown murano bead necklace from Rhinestones and Jewels. Current bid $4.99
* Super cute vintage wooden chest box purse from RMSjewels. $22.99
* Vintage tortoise shell barrettes from Red's Vintage Stuff. Current bid .99
Friday, June 27, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Its Blog Tag Wednesday at the eVintage Society!. Ang at Vintage or Bust! has tagged me to talk about - Handbags! The vintage purse, vintage accessories. The right bag can pull an outfit together or add the perfect subtle touch of vintage to a modern ensemble. A bright and unusual vintage scarf added to the hair garners admiring glances and stares everywhere you go! Let’s accessorize!
1) Show us your favorite vintage handbag or accessory in your inventory!
My current fave accessory is this adorable vintage 70's necklace featuring a sweet little seahorse.
2) Louis Vuitton, Chanel or outrageously styled no-name handbag? Do you sweat the designer angle or go for looks alone?
Mmmm I do love Chanel, but I'm really not keen on spending my life's savings on an accessory. Seriously, the world is chock full of gorgeous purses needing a new home and they're CHEAP! I'd rather find that Chanel used, but still lovely and for a fraction of the price of the new.
3) Handbag? Purse? What do YOU call a bag, and how do you search for one on eBay?
I call them many things depending on what I'm looking for...purse, handbag, clutch, kelly bag, bag, carpet bag, doctors bag, satchel.
4) How many handbags do you have? More vintage or modern?
Waaay too many!! Everything from vintage to new and in between...it's a sickness!
5) We talked about handbags and scarves, what other vintage accessories can add a touch of the unique to a modern ensemble?
Definitely necklaces. I'm currently totally smitten with vintage 70's necklaces with animal pendants such as owls, dogs, lions, etc. with jointed bodies or dangle eyes.
6) What’s in your handbag right now?
By the weight of it I'd say EVERYTHING!
Stop by and see Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva to see what's in her handbag!
Saturday, June 21, 2008
The 4th of July is almost here, and this vintage 60's patriotic mod dress ($65) will definitely stand out from the crowd!
Magnify it's cuteness with:
* CUTE white Mary Jane wedge heels from Cool Shoes MD. Current bid $18.99 or buy now for $24.99
* Darling vintage white beaded purse from eBay seller crazeddad. Current bid $9.99
* Vintage red, white, and blue beaded bracelet from Loves to Sell Jools. $4.95
* Vintage 80's red sunglasses from LOOKINGLASS Inc. $24.95
Friday, June 20, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Its Blog Tag Wednesday at the eVintage Society and I've been tagged by Ang at Vintage or Bust!. Animals…..we love ‘em, we love to wear ‘em! Prints, that is (fur is another and much more sensitive topic for another blog). Show us your animal prints!
1) Show us your favorite piece of animal print apparel in your inventory!
I love, love, love this vintage 60's peacock feather print dress!
2) What is your favorite animal print to wear & why?
I'm a sucker for leopard print, always have been. I just find it to be extremely fabulous!
3) Favorite to sell?
Any really. As long as it's cute/sexy/fabulous I'm more than happy to offer it to my customers.
4) Favorite pet and best pet story?
I love all animals. Right now we have three dogs that were all rescues. Penelope was a stray, Peewee came from a dachshund rescue group and Buckwheat came from the Austin shelter. I can't think of a specific story at the moment, but there's three happy endings for ya! We also plan on adopting a cat soon and purchasing a flock of laying hens.
5) Scared of animals? Which one scares you the most & why?
I'm not terribly scared of any domesticated animals. After reading a few stories of rabid bob cats (we have them here...though hopefully not rabid!) I'm not too keen on the thought of them.
6) Favorite animal to visit at the zoo or to collect images of?
Austin has a FABULOUS little zoo full of rescued animals http://www.austinzoo.org/. They have some really sweet little exotic birds that are so fun to talk to and yes they do talk back!
I tag Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
This weeks feature is an ultra glam vintage 80's metallic blouse with sheer balloon sleeves and a wide waist band with side buttons. Perfect for a night out when you really want to shine! $40
We like it paired with:
* Vintage gold beaded heels from eBay seller 3cobaltblue. Current bid $14.99 or buy now for $24.99
* Skinny black jeans from Wetseal.com. $25.50
* Lux vintage metallic gold fold over clutch from Street Chic Vintage. $39.99
* Swanky retro black fedora hat from Wetseal.com. $9.50
* Gold tone twist hoop earrings from Target.com. $12.99
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Time for my weekly blog tag from Ang at the eVintage blog, Vintage or Bust!.
"Fans of the 70s, rejoice!! Last week CBS premiered a new series called SWING TOWN. Set in 1976, the show features 3 couples and their families…..a childless couple with loads of money, toys and an open marriage….a young couple with a teenage boy trying to define their relationship….and a more conservative couple facing a changing world. It also features some fab 70s clothes and music! Lets talk 70s!"
1) Show us your favorite 70s piece in your inventory, mens, womens, dress, lingerie…..whatever you LOVE!
Right now my favorite is this gorgeous vintage 70's maxi dress with a sweet cherry blossom print.
2) Define disco wear as YOU see it.
Fluttery, glittery, low cut, flowing jersey dresses!
3) What was your favorite look of the 70s? The maxi dress? Bell bottoms? Culottes? Do tell.
I really love the fluttery, split sleeve disco dresses. I also love maxi's, but unfortunately I'm way too short and top heavy for them!
4) Your neighbors invite you to a wild party where there may be disco music. Do you go?
Ummm...YES!! Most definitely if roller skates are involved!
5) Grant Show. Sexy then? Sexy now? No idea?
Mehhhh, not my type at all.
6) Romantic Gunne Sax Prairie/Renn Queen or Disco Diva? Whats your style?
I'm way more disco diva than boho flower child, but I'm all about dressing to suit my mood so Gunne Sax is not out of the question.
Time to hop over to see Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva to continue this game of tag!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Penelopepup's will be taking a mini vacation until Sunday 6-8. Updates to the site will be slow during this time, but emails will be answered and packages will go out on schedule. We'll be back in full force on Monday. Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Ang at the eVintage blog, Vintage or Bust has tagged me for a round of "Sex and the City" blog tag.
"You can’t turn on the TV, walk past a magazine rack at the market or eavesdrop on ladies chatting at lunch (what, like you don’t do that?) without being assaulted with images and stories about the big screen debut of “Sex and the City”. To catch up on the hoopla, click HERE.
Which, as we all know, is less about a riveting plot line than it is about FASHION! So lets dish."
1)We know Carrie favors vintage, but let’s dress them all! Like cyber paperdolls. To kick it off, show us a piece you think the quirky, eclectic and whimsical Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) would look great in from your inventory.
I'd have to go with this really sweet vintage 80's strapless sun dress for Carrie. Love the pink!
2)Samantha (Kim Cattrall) works the vampy edge of fashion…what do you have in your inventory that can bring out the temptress in a woman?
I can see Samantha vamping it up in this killer electric blue 80's strapless cocktail dress.
3)Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) tends to play it safe, tending toward clean lines and classic silhouettes with the occasional sexy edge. What do you have in your inventory for her?
Miranda would look killer in this vintage 60's beaded wiggle dress. Simple yet stunning!
4)Charlotte (Kristin Davis) is often seen in more feminine, flirty and girlie pieces. What vintage dress or ensemble do you have that would work for her character?
I can see Charlotte looking sweet in this darling vintage 50's little black dress with quirky rosette detail.
5) Sex and the City Shoes. Stilettos? Of course! If you’ve got some vintage shoes to rival Carrie’s Jimmy Choos, show ‘em off here!
These aren't mine (oh how I WISH!), and they aren't stilettos, but I'm totally in love with these vintage 70's two tone Mary Jane heels, size 7b, from Rice and Beans Vintage!
6)Love the show? Hate the show? Never seen it? Do tell. No spoilers if you’ve seen the movie!
I don't generally watch much TV (I'm all about LOST...and that's about it with the exception of PBS educational shows...no cable here!), but SATC is good for a giggle if I'm really bored, and lately I just don't have time to be bored!
Now let's hop on over to see Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
This week's feature is a striking vintage 80's fitted jacket. I love the cut-outs at the back! Be daring and wear it as a top for the full effect.
For a sophisticated, but sexy look pair it up with more black and a touch of red-
* Black pencil skirt from Wetseal.com.
* Back seam stockings in black from Essentialapparel.com.
* Vintage 80's cherry red clutch from Divine Debris Vintage.
* Vintage red five strand graduated bead necklace from Jewels n Treasures.
* Ruffled black satin stilettos from Rebelgirlz.com.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Ang at the eVintage blog,Vintage or Bust, has tagged me to talk a bit about halters.
Temperatures are rising and its time to show some skin! The halter neckline is a great way to leave a little to the imagination while exposing enough to stay cool and stylish. Lets talk halters!
1) Show us your favorite halter dress or top in your inventory (if you don’t have one, show us one another eVintage member has!)
We're a bit low on halters right now so I found this amazing vintage 70's tropical halter top and matching wrap skirt at the always awesome eHappy Vintage.
2)Marilyn rocked the halter bodice back in the 50s, but it came back big in the 70s…..which is your favorite era for the halter?
I love the 50's and Marilyn, but I'm more of a 70's kinda gal.
3)Bare backs are vulnerable, what’s your suggestion for protecting skin from the sun?
I burn in two seconds flat so you'll always find me in the shade! I also love the idea of a sun parasol.
4)Halter as top or dress, whats your preference?
You can't beat a good halter dress!
5)A bra can be a challenge…..best suggestion for support?
For those lucky enough to get away with it I say go without! For those like me who have no choice in the matter this backless, halter neck bra looks like it might just do the trick!
Now lets see what Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva has to say about halters!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
I'm so in love with this weeks feature! It's an adorable vintage 70's sun dress in a great paisley floral print with a smocked bodice and in a larger size to boot! SOLD
We think it would look smashing with-
* Gorgeous vintage 70's red wedge sandals, size 8.5 N, from eBay seller loft001.
* A darling red woven vintage purse from eBay seller rosemaryproductions.
* Fab golden bee necklace from Fredflare.com.
* Plastic bangle bracelets in blue (they also have red and green!) from Forever21.com.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
This week Ang at the eVintage, Vintage or Bust! blog is talking about vintage slips.
The vintage slip. A demure, innocent and simple concoction of fabric and lace….from vintage nylon to sleek, curve hugging vintage rayon to rustling, party ready vintage taffeta. A garment once not considered an option for women wearing a dress or skirt that has become a garment that is actually an option to be WORN as a dress or skirt. Vintage lingerie lovers…..lets talk slips!
1) Show us your favorite vintage slip in your inventory (if you don’t have one, show us one another eVintage member has!)
I no longer sell slips (though I have some I need to lot up and sell soon!). I found this gorgeous cherry red, chiffon trimmed, vintage 50's Van Raalte slip at Senorita Hollywood Vintage.
2) Lace trim or chiffon trim? Whats your favorite?
I'm quite partial to chiffon. It's so etheral and sweet.
3)Colors or neutrals, whats your preference?
You can't go wrong with black, but when it comes to pretty vintage slips I love finding pinks and other bright colors.
4)Favorite label in vintage lingerie? (Vintage Vanity Fair, Vassarette, Movie Star, Barbizon….)
Vanity Fair and Van Raalte never disappoint!
5)Full slip or half?
Full are always prettier.
6)Slips worn as dresses in public…..yea or nay?
Heck yeah! I'm all for wearing what ever makes you happy!
Now hop on over to see Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
It's getting hot around here so this week we're featuring a fabulous vintage 70's/80's new old stock swimsuit. I love the keyhole and the warm tones of the stripe print!
We think it would look sweet paired up with:
* A big floppy straw beach hat from Amazon.com.
* Gold etched bangles from Missselfridge.com.
* Vintage 70's ankle strap sandals, size 7, from Rewind Minneapolis.
* Tribal wood earrings from Asianartmall.com.
* Baja beach tote from Fredfalre.com.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Its Blog Tag Wednesday at the eVintage Society!
Out of 50,000 suggested faces to place on a United States Postage stamp each year, only 20 are selected. This year, on the 10 year anniversary of FRANK SINATRA’S death, the USPS issued a stamp honoring Ol’ Blue Eyes. Ang at Vintage or Bust! has tagged me to talk a bit about Sinatra's style.
1) Show your favorite Rat Pack look in your inventory (early 60s suit, fedora, tie, cufflinks, loop collar shirt…..)
I don't sell mens clothing, but I can totally see this hip vintage Hawaiian shirt from Empress Jade Vintage hanging out poolside in Vegas.
2) Favorite Sinatra song?
Ahhh how can I choose?! I really dig his version of "The Song is You".
3) Favorite Rat Pack member? (Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Joey Bishop, Sammy Davis Jr. or Peter Lawford)
4) Best Sinatra “era”? (40s young & skinny, 50s swingin’ crooner or 60s Rat Pack suave?)
Again so hard to choose! I guess I'd have to go with 60's Rat Pack suave.
5) Favorite Sinatra wife? (Nancy, Ava Gardner, Mia Farrow or Barbara)
The (then) young and always sweet, Mia Farrow.
6) Been to Vegas, how many times and best Vegas story (keep it clean!)
Never! I would have loved to have seen it back in the day, but these days it's just become too "amusement park" for my tastes.
Now let's check in with Holly at Confessions of A Fashion Diva!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Oh how I wish I was taller! This weeks feature item is an amazing vintage 70's flowy maxi length patio dress. It has gorgeous fluttery kimono sleeves and a soft smoky gray and plum leaf print.
We paired it up with:
* Yummy, strappy vintage platform sandals, size 7.5, from Antkrsales Vintage Estate Treasures.
* GORGEOUS vintage Mexican silver leaf bracelet with abalone inlay from eBay seller smileysplace.
* Beautiful vintage boho style pendant necklace from eBay seller visforviva.
* Topped off with a lovely purple lily hair clip from Myvintagehut.com.