Wednesday, June 25, 2008

eVintage Blog Tag - In The Bag

Its Blog Tag Wednesday at the eVintage Society!. Ang at Vintage or Bust! has tagged me to talk about - Handbags! The vintage purse, vintage accessories. The right bag can pull an outfit together or add the perfect subtle touch of vintage to a modern ensemble. A bright and unusual vintage scarf added to the hair garners admiring glances and stares everywhere you go! Let’s accessorize!

1) Show us your favorite vintage handbag or accessory in your inventory!

My current fave accessory is this adorable vintage 70's necklace featuring a sweet little seahorse.



2) Louis Vuitton, Chanel or outrageously styled no-name handbag? Do you sweat the designer angle or go for looks alone?

Mmmm I do love Chanel, but I'm really not keen on spending my life's savings on an accessory. Seriously, the world is chock full of gorgeous purses needing a new home and they're CHEAP! I'd rather find that Chanel used, but still lovely and for a fraction of the price of the new.

3) Handbag? Purse? What do YOU call a bag, and how do you search for one on eBay?

I call them many things depending on what I'm looking for...purse, handbag, clutch, kelly bag, bag, carpet bag, doctors bag, satchel.

4) How many handbags do you have? More vintage or modern?

Waaay too many!! Everything from vintage to new and in between...it's a sickness!

5) We talked about handbags and scarves, what other vintage accessories can add a touch of the unique to a modern ensemble?

Definitely necklaces. I'm currently totally smitten with vintage 70's necklaces with animal pendants such as owls, dogs, lions, etc. with jointed bodies or dangle eyes.

6) What’s in your handbag right now?

By the weight of it I'd say EVERYTHING!

Stop by and see Holly at Confessions of a Fashion Diva to see what's in her handbag!

No comments: