Saturday, March 1, 2008

eVintage Blog Tag - Oscar Fashion

eVintage blog tag time! I was tagged by Carol at Life of a Jersey Girl to answer some question about this years Oscar fashions.

1. FAVORITE GOWNS OF THE NIGHT & WHY?

I think Vanessa Paradis looked amazing in her Chanel Haute Couture black silk crepe gown. I love the plunging neckline and gorgeous draping at the hips. Definitely my fave! My runners up are Helen Mirren in her Georges Chakra garnet duchess satin gown, love that deep red, and Miley Ray Cyrus in her red Valentino chiffon gown. Kudos to Miley for pulling off such a classy look at such a young age!



2. WHAT ERA DO YOU THINK IT REPRESENTED BEST?

Vanessa's dress has a very vampy noir feel to it. Helen's was very 50's glamour and Miley's has that classic Regency empire look.

3. LEAST FAVORITE GOWNS OF THE NIGHT & WHY?

I applaud Julie Christie for designing her own dress, but I'm not crazy about the length and what the hell is up with those gloves? Rebecca Miller's dress was just ummm...wow. Nix the red bows and the humongo jewel thingy and you're in business. Jennifer Hudson is gorgeous, but who ever recommended that dress needs a serious kick in the booty. The dress actually isn't that bad, but it's all wrong for her body type.



4. WHAT ERA DO YOU THINK IT REPRESENTED BEST (or worst, as it were)?

Julies has a very 60's look. Rebecca's ummmmm...Victorian meets hot glue gun? Jennifer's definitely has the Greek goddess look going.

5. TILDA SWINTON, FASHION SCORE OR SCARE?

She's gorgeous, but it did nothing for her. I say give it a different neckline and a more body hugging fit and she's good to go!

6. WHAT DID YOU EAT WHILE WATCHING THE SHOW?

I hate award shows! Instead I was hanging out with friends eating bbq and birthday cake.

You can follow the blog tag on over to Confessions of a Fashion Diva.

No comments: