Wednesday, May 14, 2008

eVintage Blog Tag- Sinatra Chic

Its Blog Tag Wednesday at the eVintage Society!

Out of 50,000 suggested faces to place on a United States Postage stamp each year, only 20 are selected. This year, on the 10 year anniversary of FRANK SINATRA’S death, the USPS issued a stamp honoring Ol’ Blue Eyes. Ang at Vintage or Bust! has tagged me to talk a bit about Sinatra's style.

1) Show your favorite Rat Pack look in your inventory (early 60s suit, fedora, tie, cufflinks, loop collar shirt…..)

I don't sell mens clothing, but I can totally see this hip vintage Hawaiian shirt from Empress Jade Vintage hanging out poolside in Vegas.



2) Favorite Sinatra song?

Ahhh how can I choose?! I really dig his version of "The Song is You".

3) Favorite Rat Pack member? (Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Joey Bishop, Sammy Davis Jr. or Peter Lawford)

Absolutely Frank!

4) Best Sinatra “era”? (40s young & skinny, 50s swingin’ crooner or 60s Rat Pack suave?)

Again so hard to choose! I guess I'd have to go with 60's Rat Pack suave.

5) Favorite Sinatra wife? (Nancy, Ava Gardner, Mia Farrow or Barbara)

The (then) young and always sweet, Mia Farrow.

6) Been to Vegas, how many times and best Vegas story (keep it clean!)

Never! I would have loved to have seen it back in the day, but these days it's just become too "amusement park" for my tastes.

Now let's check in with Holly at Confessions of A Fashion Diva!

No comments: